|• The matter has been thoroughly updated with recent information such as BMW Rule 2016, Zika Virus, H1N1, EBOLA virus, Polio eradication, Vaccine-derived PolioVirus (VDPV), MERS CoV, etc.|
• Recent questions included from PGI-2017 (Nov and May), AIIMS-2017 (Nov and May), JIPMER-2017 (Nov and May) and NEET 2018 Pattern Questions, latest MCQs from other national and state entrances
• Images-based question bank is strengthened with new images (more than 500 images are included)
• Fully updated with latest references from Harrison 19th, Apurba Sastry’s Essentials of Medical Microbiology, Apurba Sastry’s Essentials of Medical Parasitology, Park 24th edition, Jawetz 25th edition and Anathanarayan 9th edition
• Only MCQs book on Microbiology written by the subject specialist and textbook authors
• Thoroughly revised, updated and fully colored edition
• Interactive 2 hours DVD containing Apurba Sastry’s Microbiology Discussion
• Each chapter contains:
o Chapterwise concise complete text in a new layout for enabling the students to study antegrade manner and important points given in separate boxes
o Chapterwise MCQs with detailed explanations given from previous year exams of National and State exams including DNB and NEET Pattern Questions
• Hundred percent authentic and correct answers with the updated references
• More emphasis is given to the sections like Immunology, Parasitology, and Mycology
• The book contains lot of tables, flowcharts, mnemonics which help the students for better recall.
|Each Chapter Contains|
• Chapter Review: Gives a preliminary overall idea about how a chapter can be finished fast.
• Recent 2015-2018 MCQs with detailed explanations: Gone to the depth covering all the important aspects in detail.
• Includes image-based MCQs at the beginning of the book.
• Biomedical waste management rules 2016 included.
Chapter Review (Theory portion) Part
• Has been thoroughly updated from Harrison 19th edition, Park 24th edition and Apurba Sastry’s Essentials of Medical Microbiology, 1st edition and Apurba Sastry’s Essentials of Medical Parasitology, 1st edition.
• All recent information, such as Zika virus, EBOLA virus, Polio eradication, Dengue vaccine, Vaccine-derived Polio Viruses (VDPVs), MERS-CoV, and updates in bacterial drug resistance etc. have been incorporated.
• Separate Annexure section containing important exam-oriented rapid-fire topics.
• Image-based question bank is further strengthened with new images (> 500 images are included).
• Recent questions included from AIIMS 2017 (Nov and May), JIPMER 2017 (Nov and May), PGI 2017 (Nov and May), NEET 2018 Pattern questions and recent questions from other national-level examinations.
• State entrance MCQs conducted in 2016 are also included. As no state PGMEE was carried out separately in 2017 and the same may be continued in future; so students should give more focus to MCQ pattern of All India/NEET exam; rather giving importance to previous state exam MCQs.