- This book is a comprehensive compendium on housekeeping and disinfection practices, and Biomedical Waste Management.
- Content includes duties and responsibilities of housekeepers, job analysis, skills required, qualification and recruitment of various cadres of staff for housekeeping; staffing norms for calculation of hospital and sanitary attendants.
- Each chapter highlights a specific issue centered on managing housekeeping services and disinfection practices in a hospital environment.
- This book outlines the training programs needed to inculcate and update the cleaning, disinfection, and Biomedical Waste Management skills of the staff.
- It also covers the frequency, principles, and organization of the cleaning activities in healthcare organizations.
- The policies and procedures for housekeeping including terminal disinfection of patient beds, ICUs, operation theatres and isolation wards/rooms are incorporated at appropriate places in the text.
- This book also details the principles of integrated pest management in hospitals, classification/categorization of Biomedical Waste, its segregation in colorcoded bins/bags, internal and external transport, statutory requirements and their implementation, tendering for outsourcing of Biomedical Waste Management services, treatment and disposal procedures.
- The importance of Occupational health and safety of housekeeping staff, evaluation of quality and audit process for housekeeping, tendering process and its evaluation for outsourcing of housekeeping services, have also been deliberated upon.
- A special feature of this book is inclusion of the need for Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) as an integral part of hospital waste management and prerequisite for grant of authorization by State Pollution Control Committee under the Biomedical Waste Management and Handling Rules.
- A chapter on brief overview of implementation model adopted for Kaya Kalp Scheme at a Tertiary Care Hospital has been included.
- A special chapter on Housekeeping Services in Hospitals in COVID-19 Environment”.
Availability In Stock
A Handbook on Housekeeping and Disinfection Practices for Healthcare Facilities;1st Edition 2021 by Shakti Kumar Gupta, Sunil Kant & kanika Jain
Rs. 1,150.00 Rs. 1,450.00
- Ex Tax: Rs. 1,150.00