Williams Obstetrics has defined the discipline for generations of obstetrician-gynecologists. Written by authors from the nationally renowned University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Parkland Hospital, the new edition of this authoritative, evidence-based work maintains its trademark comprehensive coverage and applicability at the bedside, while offering the most current information and insights.
The culmination of a century of clinical thought, Williams Obstetrics, 26th Edition delivers expert coverage of obstetrical complications, such as preterm labor, pregnancy-related hypertension, infection, and hemorrhage. It additionally offers foundational content on reproductive anatomy, physiology, and prenatal care. The authors have enhanced this edition with 1,000+ full-color illustrations, plus an increased emphasis on the fast-growing subspecialty of Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
No other text matches the long-established scientific rigor and accessibility of Williams Obstetrics. With its state-of-the-art design and review of the newest advances and protocols, this not-be-missed clinical companion brings positive outcomes within reach.
New and updated content includes:
- Increased focus on Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Greater coverage of hypertension and hemorrhage
- Deeper insights into in-utero complications
- Expanded fetal t section includes cutting-edge fetal imaging, genetics, prenatal diagnosis, and fetal disorders and therapy
- Basic science, physiology of labor, preterm labor updated with contemporaneous publications in the literature
- More obstetrical sonography figures
- Eye-catching illustrations, including updated graphs, sonograms, MRIs, photographs, and photomicrographs