- It is the first comprehensive textbook on critical care from India, written by prominent intensivists of the country. The book covers day-to-day challenges in management faced by intensivists in India/Low Medium Income Country (LMIC), where delivery of healthcare is variable, resources finite, and manpower challenges enormous. Therefore, to guide, each section starts with an approach to organ failure related to the section.
- Section and chapters have been devoted on critical care of obstetrics to help reduce maternal mortality, geriatrics due to marked increase in their population and admission in ICUs.
- High velocity trauma and poisoning are of epidemic proportion and major causes of unnatural deaths and admission in intensive care. Adequate space has been given with emphasis on snake envenomation, organophosphate compounds, aluminium phosphide poisoning, and alcoholic intoxication.
- It also covers critical care management aspects of solid organ and bone marrow transplantation, as organ transplantation is well established and expanding.
- It highlights adequately general critical care, ethical and administrative issues, especially end-of-life (EOL), latter still evolving in India, where physicians continue to have an ethical and moral dilemma.
- Section on sepsis not only deals with the traditional aspects but also covers adequately tropical infections (travel medicine), deluge of which we see commonly post-monsoon.
- It can be one-time reference for managing COVID-19, where from immunobiology to management is discussed in detail. Additional details as on vaccination and long COVID is also provided for interested readers.
- It also introduces and gives insight into the concept of chronic critical care, which is a new jargon in the specialty of critical care medicine, to make practitioners aware about its identification, diagnosis, and catastrophic effects.
- The language of the book has been kept simple and easy to make it readable and have better understanding with a hope to fulfill the long-felt need of intensivists of the country.
Availability In Stock
ISCCM Textbook of Critical Care Medicine:1st Edition 2023 By Dhruva Chaudhry & Subhal Bhalchandra Dixit & Deepak Govil
Rs. 2,850.00 Rs. 3,695.00
- Ex Tax: Rs. 2,850.00